Re: [iptables] Forward http

2009/10/6 Mark <MSimkin@gmx.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed a new debian lenny server and now i am trying to
> forward all http request from my old debian etch installation to the new
> one. The statement i used was the following:
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport http -j DNAT \
> - --to-destination <ip>:80
>
> iptables -t nat -L gives the following:
>
> target     prot opt source               destination
> DNAT       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:www
> to:<ip>:80
>
> I'm not getting redirected when i try to access the server via a webbrowser.
>
> greetings Mark Simkin
Hi,

did you activate ip forward ?
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Have you a filter rule permitting this kind of traffic ?

hint : read this carefully it explain what is done with packet
filtering (section -> Packet Selection: IP Tables )
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-hacking-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1

--
Guillaume