Re: sid upgrade: could not perform immediate configuration (2) on perl

On 07:45 Tue 29 Sep     , Kelly Harding wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Mitchell Laks <mlaks@post.harvard.edu>:
> > hi,
> >
> > I am doing a sid upgrade and I got this message
> >
> > E: Internal error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on perl.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to procede... :)
> >

> I just got this too. Not sure what cause/solution is.

i played around and now it works.

i went to the
/var/cache/apt directory and did

dpkg -i perl-5.10.1-3.deb
and there was a conflict with perl-docs-5.10.0

so i removed that
apt-get remove perl-docs-5.10.0

then there was something about needing perl-base-5.10.1-3
it had already been downloaded in this directory:
so i installed that
dpkg -i perl-base-5.10.1-3.deb (or something).deb

then i tried to install latest perl-modules and latest perl package in same directory
dpkg -i perl-modules-5-1-.1-3 and dpkg-i perl-5.10.1-3
it  gave errors about dependecy being messed up.

then i went and simply did
apt-get install -f
and it fixed itself miraculously!
then i did apt-get upgrade and now all is ok

DO NOT DO THIS. it may hose your computer and you will have broken parts!!!

:)

of course i did it and it worked beautifully:)

good luck.

i love sid.