Grub: error 15

Hello,

I assume this has probably been mentioned before, with all the grub
legacy discussion going on, but here's my situation anyways:

I have Debian Testing installed on my hp paviliion dv6000 notebook and
executed the command upgrade-from-grub-legacy. After that, when I
rebooted my system, I receive the message

GRUB Loading stage1.5

GRUB loading, please wait...
Error 15

Is there anything I can do to save my system? Should I download a
Squeeze image and use it as a live CD, would that help me in any way?

Thanks,

Jason