Re: Tools for users to easily switch between several defined network configs.

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:50:58 +0000
Ryan Braun <the.truck204@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,  I'm looking for a tool that could easily allow users to
> switch between several static network configs and even a ppp
> connection.  Basically a laptop travelling to several different sites
> that we don't want to setup with dhcp.  I would rather have the user
> select the site specifically.  We are running a combination of
> etch/lenny with only kde as the desktop environment.

If cli is okay, then the standard ifupdown, enhanced by the ifscheme
package, should be perfect.  This is what I normally use.  One defines
as many schemes as one wants, with each one having separate
configuration details.  Then, just 'ifscheme some_scheme && ifup'.  ppp
is supported.

Celejar