Re: sudden power off ... ?!?

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Dan <meslists@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hello List,

It is few days that I installed (standard installation) Debian Lenny on this pc.

Which pc? If it's a harware issue, perhaps letting us know what hardware you have may help (dmesg?). Perhaps someone may have had similar issues with similar hardware.

Randomly (maybe once or sometimes two a day) it powers off like if it has suddenly been plugged off from the AC. If I then soon turn it on no problems to start up. I suspect this could be a hardware fault. I would like to check also any settings in the BIOS.
Are there any possibilities that this problem is related to any software bug ?

Again, what hardware you have and which software you're using may help you get help.

Thanks, dan