Re: Lightweight alternative MTA? [was: Re: Starting MTA:]

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
Not running a daemon means that you have the overhead of startup for
each new delivery. It implies less efficient handling of a queued mail.

    Given that he is doing this for local messages from daemons only I think
resident memory is the primary concern, not efficiency of once or twice a day deliveries. Something I can understand given that I've moved most of my productivity work to a Dell Mini. The thought of having an MTA resident all the time doesn't exactly fill me with glee. Not that this machine can't handle it (it is more capable than most people think) but because this machine has no business having a resident MTA.