Re: Lightweight alternative MTA? [was: Re: Starting MTA:]

Andrei Popescu wrote:
Well the requirements were:

- respects /etc/aliases
- able to do local delivery

Then you need an MTA/MDA and just don't run it in daemon mode. I fail to see what the issue is with Exim in that case. If runsize for the transient time it is delivering mail is a problem maybe Postfix with its non-monolithic architecture would help; but you'll need an MDA in that case (Exim fills both roles).

Personally I don't understand why one wants local delivery of those messages. I toss nullmailer on my machines, have it deliver to my domain's MTA and get delivered to my normal email. If I went the local delivery route I'd have 5 different local accounts to monitor. :/