Re: menu.lst problem

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 14:18 +0800, Timothy Wu wrote:

> It seems to me that every time I do some upgrade via apt-get, maybe
> it's kernel upgrades, my menu.lst entries changes from /dev/sda1
> to /dev/hda1. As a result, the system don't find the disk. It occurs
> to me like three times already. Why does it keep on getting changed
> incorrectly? Is there anyway to fix this at the time of the upgrade?
> Because I don't think I been shown an option to keep my menu.lst or
> anything like that.
>
> It may be worthy to note that I'm running on the testing branch.

Check out the menu.lst file.

<snip>
## DO NOT UNCOMMENT THEM, Just edit them to your needs

## ## Start Default Options ##
## default kernel options
## default kernel options for automagic boot options
## If you want special options for specific kernels use kopt_x_y_z
## where x.y.z is kernel version. Minor versions can be omitted.
## e.g. kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro
##      kopt_2_6_8=root=/dev/hdc1 ro
##      kopt_2_6_8_2_686=root=/dev/hdc2 ro
# kopt=root=/dev/cciss/c0d0p1 ro console=tty0 console=ttyS1,19200n8
</snip>

Change the kopt line to fit you needs and you are done.

Cheers
Frank