Re: Reproducible filesystem corruption in lenny

In <[🔎] 97cbd1a90907291319wc4cca42r87cb799f94fe8c50@mail.gmail.com>, Josh Kelley
wrote:
>I'm not sure the
>best way to further track down the problem from here.  Is there an
>easy way (short of compiling my own kernel) to try out 2.6.27?

Compiling your own kernel from upstream sources is not *that* hard.  You
might try more recent kernels from Lenny/Sid if they are new enough for you
(dependencies should be minor) before you go through the effort, though.

>If I
>submit a bug to Debian's bug tracker, would the Debian devs have the
>time and resources to backport a fix, or would this be a "wait until
>next release" problem?

Data loss would be RC-severity, which would mean the fix would be eligible
to go into proposed-updates and then be put into stable/lenny at the next
point release.