Re: Is it a bug: huge dependency problems of php5 and ikiwiki

Hello,

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009, Xan wrote:
> PS: Please, CC always debian-arm list (I'm just only subscribed here) or
> CCme directly.

None of the bugs you describe are specific to the arm architecture
so you should really be sending your future reports about this to
debian-user and _not_ debian-arm.

> I have a NSLU2 device (armel computer). With Debian 5.0.2 installed. I
> cannot use reportbug because exim4 is not configured properly....

Use "reportbug -o bugreport.txt" to write the report to a file.

> 1) When I want to install php5, apt install me apache2 packages. I think
> that php5 should depend on www-server not specifically on apache.
>
> For example, if I install cherokee and php5, apt should not install apache.

To use php5 with a browser other than apache you need to use php5-cgi
rather than libapache2-mod-php5. You will need to make this alternate
choice manually.

> Really it's a huge dependencies.

In Debian stable "lenny" apt automatically installs recommended
packages. If you want to select packages manually you can do so using
the aptitude front-end or by using "apt --no-install-recommends".

Regards,

Kapil.