Re: Grub2 made my systeum unbootable

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 19:04 +0100, thveillon.debian wrote:
> Anthony Campbell wrote:

The configuration file has changed.
>From my memory, it's /boot/grub/grub.cfg, but it's very different from
the previous one (it's actually a script, not a configuration file,
see /etc/*grub* stuffs)

As usually, boot from the installation CD, choose the rescue mode.
I suppose you have to choose to "chroot in the target system", then use
aptitude to install grub "legacy" (and therefore remove grub "2")

> grub hasn't been installed properly, you have to reinstall it from a
> live-cd or use a tool like SGD (SuperGrubDisk)

Such external tools shouldn't be needed.

Franklin