Re: How to get all dependent source packages

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 11:34:33PM +0800, sha liu wrote:
> 2009/7/19 Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>
> > On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 07:46:59PM +0800, sha liu wrote:
> > If you are building installation image only, you may not need dpkg.
>
> Why not? I thought installation image should prepare all essential  packages
> which definitely includes dpkg if it's a Debian image, right?

I thought you are building binary image file with CLFS.  This is not
Debian installer nor this is any Debian system.  So dpkg is not required.

> > Anyway, please google and ead things like:
> >  http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/x86/index.html

Have you done this?  As I found this now, it is a nice document.

You should also read http://trac.cross-lfs.org/ and their book.

You do not get single line answer if there is book for it.

I think you also need to learn some basics of Debian system by reading
Debian documentations.

Osamu