Re: kernel compile - Unable to mount root fs

> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 01:13 -0700, Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Soren Orel<soren.orel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > hmmm.. it works, but I have to hit Ctrl+D at every boot... :D
>>
>> On some of your vmlinux lines in your menu.lst you have the word
>> "single".  That boots you into single-user mode, that you exit from by
>> hitting Ctrl-D.
>>
>> Remove just the word "single" and you should be good to go.
>>
>> Don Quixote
>
> Lucky Don Quixote :), obviously you never have been hitten by fsck not
> being able to cope with a broken FS.  In such a situation the machine
> automagically boots into single user mode.
>
> Maybe it should be made clearer that you're at your own risk when
> hitting C-d.  I'd never do that on a production box or when the
> FS contains valuable data.
>
> Siggy

This is OT, but I remember my first day away at school. I bought a new
EeePC months earlier, installed Debian on it, prepared my install for my
CS classes...then when I got to my first class, I booted up only to have a
jfs error. It took me an hour or so to figure out how to fix.