Re: debian live with local repo problem

Hi Tzafrir !

Many thanks ! Well, actually I've already tried that way following http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/Cache_Packages, but,  I get these errors when starting  the daemon

Starting Apt-Cacher: apt-cacherUse of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line 75.
Use of uninitialized value in getpwnam at /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line 75.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line 76.
Use of uninitialized value in getgrnam at /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line 76.
Unable to get user:group at /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line 79.
.

I'm running all the whole as root (of course), no sudo, but in a chroot env.

First of all, I need cached packages only when building up the live system.
Secondly the fact that I would like to set up a Lenny mirror is that I need complete control on the packages that go in my live cd. So, I thought that the official DVD were the best choice as mirror.
Then again, I need to keep my appl source in my vcs, so when getting them to build my whole live system from scratch I guess it is simpler using a real mirror site, although that being a dvd or, best, its iso image (dd copied and) loop back mounted. Am I wrong?

Best regards !

Emanuele

2009/7/7 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il>
On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 12:06:22PM +0200, emanuele nespolo wrote:
> Hi All !
>
> I'm trying to build a live cd using a local i386 lenny repo. I need a local
> repository for the job I'm developing. This repo is either a local one
> created with debmirror or the official first DVD.

Why? live-helper does a pretty good job at caching the packages it
downloads. Generally once a major step is done, the donwloaded packages
are saved in the cache and no longer need downloading.

If that is not good enough, I suggest you look into apt-cacher-ng or
something similar.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir@jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il |                    | a Mutt's