Re: Problems with play action in DopeWars game

Eric Gerlach wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:53:50AM +0100, AG wrote:

Eric Gerlach wrote:

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 05:09:33PM +0100, AG wrote:

You'll probably get better luck filing a bug against the dopewars package (use
reportbug).  That is... assuming it has an active maintainer.

Cheers,

Eric

Yeah - looked at doing that.  Not much chance though.  The SourceForge
site lists last activity 2003 or so.  Too bad - it was a fun game.
Installed fine on my old machine but not on this.

Even if there's no upstream activity, the bug could be fixed in the debian
package.  Less likely, true, but not impossible.  Much more possible depending
how much you're willing to help. :-)

Cheers,

Eric
What is very strange is that the problems are related to playing the game on this machine.  My previous machine played it just fine, and it isn't the version either as far as I can tell, because I removed the Squeeze version and installed the Lenny version and exactly the same thing happened.  Common denominator is this machine, but how that would impact on playing a game like dopewars is beyond me.

As for helping out, I'd be happy to - but I really don't know what help I could be: I couldn't code, but am very happy to test it and work through bugs, etc., but that's about as far as I think that I could help.

AG