Help with dict-client in Lenny?

Hi.  I've two Lenny boxes, both pretty much hand-crafted (as in no
"Desktop Environment" on install; I startx into fluxbox).

On one of them, dict-client works as expected.  It brings the result
up in a pager.  In the other box, no pager.  It just dumps it to
stdout.  How do I change this, or track down the problem?  I've looked
at bugs.debian.org, the manpage, googled "dict pager
site:lists.debian.org", I can't see anything pertinent in /etc/dictd.
I have no ~/.dict*.

Thanks.

(*)                                         Please don't Cc: me.
- -