Re: [Debian-uk] ftp.uk.debian.org ill?

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 02:41:57PM +0100, Harry Rickards wrote:

> On 05/10/09 12:09, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > Is it my imagination, or is ftp.uk.debian.org missing a *lot* of
> > binary packages at the moment?  I just tried updating my testing
> > machine, and hit about 60 403's; a look at the directory listings via
> > http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool shows that there are loads of
> > missing files, such as libg/libgems-ruby/rubygems_1.3.2-1_all.deb.
> >
> >    Julian

> I don't know if it's my problem or if it's the repo's problem, but
> similar to this I haven't been able to download *any* packages from the
> repository, since this morning. There were about 20 updates available, 1
> 403'd and the rest said they were downloading at my usual speed, but
> stayed at 0%. Changing to the ftp.debian.org repo fixed this. By the
> looks of it, the Kent mirror of ftp.uk.debian.org seems to be alright.
> The url is http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.debian.org/debian/.
> As the debian-uk list seems to be very quiet, I've also CC'ed this to
> the debian-user list/

The RAID controller had a bit of a brain hemorrhage today, and decided
that it would throw a load of bad blocks, which put several of the
file-systems into read-only.  If you were trying to access things at
that point, you'll have had trouble.

I was under the impression that the subsequent reboot had sorted things
out. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Cheers, Phil.