Re: Great experience with debootstrap

Harry Rickards:
> On 4 May 2009, at 22:12, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
>>
>> You are probably looking for something like xsetroot. I have no idea
>> how openbox handles background images.
-- snip
> Sorry for not making it clearer, but I want to change the colour of the
> background of a program (a parent window I think). For example in
> Firefox (or Iceweasel) I want to change the colour of the grey
> surrounding the menubar and buttons, below the titlebar. I'll attatch a
> screenshot later (does the list support them)?

No, please don't attach binary files. It may work but it won't win you
friends.

For Firefox, you can of course install themes for Firefox. But you are
probably searching for Gtk themes. There are plenty available in Debian,
just 'apt-cache search gtk theme'. How to chenge them depends on your
environment. If you don't have any Gnome services running it's probably
best to create a custom ~/.gtkrc-2.0. Some examples can be found on the
net, I cannot reach mine right now. An incomplete list of what can be
set can be found here:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkSettings.html#GtkSettings.properties

J.
--
I wish I could do more to put the sparkle back into my marriage.
[Agree]   [Disagree]