Re: Is it possible to prevent emacs auto saving the filename~?

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM, tyler <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> tyler <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> writes:
>
>> 明覺 <shi.minjue@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I know that emacs auto save a file named filename~ when I modified the
>>> file filename, but I do not like the autosaved copy, could i stop this
>>> function? thanks
>>
>> Set auto-save-default to nil, as explained in the Emacs manual:
>>
>> (info "(emacs)Auto Save Control")
>>
>> Adding
>>
>> (setq auto-save-default nil)
>>
>> to your .emacs will do this automatically.

thank you, now I prefer the way to keep all the backup and autosave
files in a seperate directory, such as ~/.emacs.d/autosave and
~/.emacs.d/backup, how could i setup that?  I'm not familiar with
emacs, currently in my machine, there is only the ~/.emacs.d/
directory which seems relative to emacs setup. Could you help give a
document that details the setup steps for those purpose? thanks