Re: network configuration for Eth0

On Fri May 1 2009, Bob Cox wrote:
> > Nitpick: 'network' and 'broadcast' are optional and gateway is necessary
> > only if this interface is used to connect to the internet.
>
> Good points.  I like nitpicking ;-)
>
> As an aside, I use static IPs on everything here with no wireless and
> all manually configured as per my example.
that is what I am trying to do, take away the DHCP and make them static. I
have my desktop, a laptop that I connect using a wired connection, and my
wifes laptop. I also have some other test servers that get turned on every so
often..
I am using dyndns and port forwarding to my desktop for http..  so I want a
static IP in my network for my desktop.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800