aptitude: not grouping by installed/non-installed

Title: aptitude: not grouping by installed/non-installed

How does one turn off grouping by installation state (installed, not installed,
etc.) in aptitude, so that similarly-named package show up next to each other
regardless of that installation state?

(What I'm trying to do it see where there are newer major versions of software
I have installed, e.g., emacs22 vs. emacs 21.)

(Yes, I've tried Google, but didn't think of the right search string.)

Thanks,
Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]