Re: Re: Hideous font when printing text file

Thanks for your assistance. I use lp or lpr for printing text files (as stated in the OP), e.g.

$ ls |lp

to print a directory listing to the default printer (I have only one printer). That lp is really /usr/bin/lp. I've made no changes to the default Debian printing setup.

There's no problem printing such text files using a2ps, I don't know whether or not this is significant.

--
Henk Koster
"Behavioral axioms are right, but agents make mistakes."