Re: VNC Server?

ok thanks.  That worked.

for bonus points, were/how do I install 'dos2unix' and 'unix2dos'... it doesn't come install by default nor does it show up in aptitude

Magnus Pedersen wrote:
Depo Catcher wrote:

What's the "linux" way of installing a Tight VNC Server?
On windows, I just run the exe; on freebsd I just install for ports and/or packages.
Both take under 3 minutes.

I try 'apt-get install tightvnc' and it failed, saying there isn't a Debian package for this? .. that is strange. I tried installed from source, but I'd have to go though the messy ordeal of building X from source too

so... what is it guys? What's the quickest way to get Tight VNC Server running?

On debian testing
magnus@pedersen-dell:~$ aptitude search tightvnc
p tightvnc-java - TightVNC java applet and command line program p tightvncserver - virtual network computing server software p xtightvncviewer - virtual network computing client software for

/Magnus