Re: dialing phone numbers: plus automatic dialing from address books?

I'll let someone else try the auto-dialing issue.  With regards to
the shared data/POTS line, most ADSL installations frequency
multiplex the data and voice onto the same physical line.  The voice
occupies the lowest spectrum and the data the upper spectrum.  At the
user's ADSL interface there is a splitter that separates the two
signals.  In essence neither signal is aware of the existance of the
other.
Larry