Re: hal documentation

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On 25 April 2009 08:20:17 steef wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:
Hi,

How can I learn how to tell Hal about my monitor's frequencies so I
can fix the resolution?

Paul Scott
hi paul,

read this thread with much intererest. i knew the same problem. several
times i installed lenny on different (3 year old) mmachines with no
other possibility than a maximum resolution of 800x600. frustrating. i
could solve it with the sgfxi-script for my nvidia-chip(s).

i am sorry i can not help you further out,

kind regards,

steef

Reading this with interest too. I may be completly out, but things like those happend too me, then I run: 'Xorg -configure'. This gave me a xorg.conf file old fashon, and it then did work the old fashon. Waiting for hal too be better, it's a way out of the trouble.

Thanks!!  Now I can get more work done on this box!

Paul