Re: need a browser that can stream video well

> On 2009-Apr-18, at 7:03 AM, raman narasimhan wrote:
>
>> I'm a big fan of youtube. I use Chrome in windows to watch videos online.
>> but in debian I've tried Iceweasel and Epiphany and was not satisfied. both
>> took a lot of time to stream videos. please suggest a good browser
>

> I'm not aware of any browsers that support video directly, so I think you're
> asking the wrong question.

You are right in practice, but a number of browsers now in beta support
the new html5 video element for native video. Safari uses quicktime, and
can play anything that quicktime supports. Gecko 1.9.1 (FF 3.5, etc)
browsers support vorbis and theora. Of course the number of sites using
the video element can be counted on two hands, so as I said you are
correct in practice.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers