Re: Is it secure to use testing/backport repos for production server?

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 21:57, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:

> If you trust upstream for that package, you might want to follow
> backports/testing/unstable/experimental for that package.

I'm running unstable and clamav also complains that it's outdated.

> That's just a result of upstream desire conflicting with Debian policy.
> Upstream wants you to always be using the latest (stable) release.  Debian
> policy is to not introduce new upstream versions during the lifetime of the
> stable release.

What about unstable? I've already had two packages who's latest
unstable debian package is older (version number) than upstream's
latest unstable. So why is it unstable?

I've been running unstable since Woody, how unstable is experimental?

Nuno
/\  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto