presentation programs on GNU/Linux

Hi all,

Wondering after a recent seminar about what presentation program
people prefer on Linux systems.  I am really looking for suggestions
to improve my own presentations.

I use Beamer, which provides all the typographical beauty of LaTeX.
But it is primitive when it comes to visual aids -- animations are
hard and there is lack of freedom in placing elements on a slide.

OpenOffice Impress can hardly make text (especially mathematical text)
look good without LaTeX.  Don't know how good Microsoft Powerpoint is
but I'm impressed with Apple Keynote.  It seems to combine elegance in
typography and ease of creation.

Are there any projects current in Linux that aim at developing a
program similar to Keynote in quality?  Do you manage Keynote-quality
presentations with currently available solutions on Linux?

Any comments will help.

Thanks,
Girish.

--