Re: joining Windows domain (Active Directory)

Francisco Antônio da Silva Souza wrote:
> Hello, I've found a tutorial:
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/340
>
> It teaches how to configure Samba on Debian.
>
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 9:33 AM, orange <orange47@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What is the easiest way to join ActiveDirectory, windows domain from
> > Debian? (link?)
> > I have found several tutorials on net but they are old and have
> > different ways.
> >
> > Samba is installed (and working nicely with workgroups), the Debian
> > version is 'testing', updated.

thanks for the link, but it requires additional information such as
some kerberos server hostnames and so on.
I asked my admin and he told me that in windows everything is
automatic so you don't need to enter any hostnames and such things.
I have a dualboot Debian/winXP. Is there a way to extract all needed
information from the installed winXP? (it has joined the domain fine)
there is firewall installed in winXP and it could be used to find
servers but I don't know what ports to monitor.

er, I have a feeling this might be wrong newsgroup for all these
questions.. if so, sorry