Re: getmail vs fetchmail, WAS: Re: fetchmail and DNS resolution

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 16:54 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Fri,03.Apr.09, 04:22:11, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On 2009-04-03 02:06, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > [snip]
> >>
> >> AFAIK fetchmail defaults to delivering your mail by using a local SMTP.
> >>  This is a Bad Thing (tm), because it can create a lot of problems,

> > How so?

> ,----
> | NOTE: DO NOT USE "sendmail" (or any other MTA queue-injection command) AS YOUR
> | DELIVERY INSTRUCTION.

If you're using sendmail, in its capacity as an MTA queue injection
command, I think you're not using local SMTP.

My fetchmail config does do smtp; it just connects to localhost on port
25.

I'm not sure what problems he's referring to with queue injection, but I
haven't noticed any with my usage of smtp.

Richard