Re: Command line sendmail client

On 01/29/2009 09:38 AM, Amar Cosic wrote:
Hello list

I am looking for some command line mail client that will allow me to send
mail using some other smtp server instead of local one. For ex. I need
something like 'mail -server smtp.gmail.com -to some@email.com -subject
hello - text some text' . I have looked at mailx but cant seem to find what
I am looking for. Anything like this around? Thanks

You need to configure your MTA to be a smart relay, detecting local mail and keeping it local, while relaying non-local email to smtp.gmail.com.

This is easy with Postfix.  Can't say about sendmail.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA