Re: RAID5 (mdadm) array hosed after grow operation

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 04:44:11 +1100, "Alex Samad" <alex@samad.com.au>
said:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 07:45:24PM -0800, whollygoat@letterboxes.org
> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder if that would have helped with the larger drives.  Too late:)
> > The smaller drives shouldn't have been bad.  All I did to them was fail
>
> once you fail them they are marked as failed, plus if you did them one
> by one they would have different event id and be out of sync :(

Hmm,  I've already recreated the array with the larger drives and
restored
the filesystem from backups, but I think I will try your --assume-clean
on the smaller drives to see if I can recover them.  Could be a useful
little thing to have some practice with.

Thanks for the info.  Bit by bit it's helping me to understand how md
works (and how to interpret the man page:)

Cheers
--

  whollygoat@letterboxes.org