Re: mousewheel scroll

--- Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sid, using the evdev mousedriver in xorg.conf, scrolling is
> terrible.
> It just is unworkable. Have to use the scrollbar.
>
> Unfortunately using FF on XP under VMware it's terrific.
>
> Anybody have good experiences with mousewheel scroll?
>
> What driver do you use?
>
> Update the driver?
>
> hugo@debian:~$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-input-evdev
> xserver-xorg-input-evdev:
>    Installed: 1:1.2.0-1
>    Candidate: 1:2.0.8-1
>    Version table:
>       1:2.0.8-1 0
>          500 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>   *** 1:1.2.0-1 0
>          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Hi Hugo,

I'm not quite sure what difficult you have encountered.  I learned a
bitter experience on mouse before, almost unable to control it.  Later
I found a scanning program taking up >96% CPU usage.  Please run "top"
on terminal to check whether is there any program taking up large CPU
resource.

B.R.
Stephen L