Re: problem with SATA disk, difference between standard kernel and Debian kernel

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 05:56:25PM -0200, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> lee wrote:
> > Well, how do you install on SATA disks when the installer can't access
> > them? It still has the option to load more modules from a floppy disk,
> > but I haven't had a floppy disk drive for years ... With no system
> > installed, you couldn't create those disks anyway.
> >

> You should be able to load them from a USB stick. Maybe it's not fully
> automatic, but you can switch in another console during installation,
> mount the disk, and then direct the installer to load from that directory.

Well, I don't have an USB stick --- though a card reader instead
should work. But how/where do you get the modules? And how do you put
them onto the USB device while installing?

These modules need to be available to the installer out of the
box. It's not like I'd be using some unusual hardware ...

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm