Re: bandwidth control

On Monday 03 November 2008, Phillipus Gunawan <mr_phillipus@yahoo.com>
wrote about 'bandwidth control':
>I am looking a (debian) package to control bandwidth for my network
>So far, the best candidate from googling is IPCop, which I havent try it
> yet.

I do bandwidth shaping using tc directly.  You might want to read the Linux
Advanced Routing and Traffic Control HOWTO.  I also use and recommend
using iptables directly for your firewall and ip for any special routing
needs.

I've also fiddled with existing Shorewall installations, and it seems quite
usable, although I still prefer the more direct, low-level interfaces.

tc and ip are part of the iproute package.
iptables is its own package.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))