Re: LCD display - laptop

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 12:03:37PM -0300, Leandro Carmo wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a HP Pavilion laptop and I've tried to configure Xorg without
> success.
> I've tried perform dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg but I haven't seen any
> option about LCD display as XFree86.
>
> Please, I need some help to configure my Xserver.
>
> What do you recommend me to do?

As THierry said, xfree86 has been out of debian for a while. What
version of debian are you running? Can you provide the contents of
/etc/X11/xorg.conf?

and what happens when you try to startx or run gdm? is there pertinent
log data?

essentially, you need to give us a lot more, specific, information
about what is happening.