Re: laptop lenny + TV

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 09:46 -0800, consultores1 wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have tried to connect my Debian laptop to a TV, using different
> methods, but it became almost impossible.
>
> Can somebody please, write the diferent steps to do it succesfully.
>
> My partners at work, using Windows, connect laptop+TV, mark 2 screens
> and it is ready! How can i do something similar?

A little more info would be helpful, in particular exactly how you want
to connect to the TV.

For example, I can use an LCD TV as a "monitor", to display my desktop
and to play video files I have on the laptop hard disk.  This is fairly
straight forward to do.

But if you mean that you want to receive TV programs via the laptop, to
play on the laptop or external display, you need some sort of TV tuner,
probably USB, plus the software/drivers to run it.

Without the above info, it's a bit hard to help.

--
Bob McGowan