Re: Intel GM965 on Etch

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 5:18 AM, paragasu <paragasu@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have the same problem as you last time. the xserver-xorg-video-intel
> do not work with etch kernel. after i upgrade the kernel to lenny
> linux-image-2.6.26-1-686, it works!

Thank you everyone for your replies. I've decided to use Lenny and the
display works perfectly now!

I was looking at the xorg.conf file in this new installation and it
looks very empty. How does X know what to do without the usual
instructions?

Here is the file:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"