picasa webalbums to digikam

Hi

I set up a Lenny system for someone. One thing he wants to be able to
do is to download albums from the Picasa service of Google. I have
already set up pictures collections using digikam, and would prefer to
use it.

Digikam is generally the only KDE program used, so I would consider
upgrading to kde2 if it helped. Though aparantly this is not supported
there (in kipi-plugins, specifically). I also heard that there mightt be
probles in such an upgrade if you have tags with non-ascii characters.