Re: post doesn't show up
Jonathan Kaye wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I've tried now about 5 times to post a thread on an OCR that is
opensource a Debian package and works fantastic.
But the post does not show up.
This message showed up. Did you send this last one from the same account as
Anyway I'd love to hear about the opensource OCR and I'm sure many others
would as well. Can you give us the details?
The OCR is tesseract-ocr. These steps:
1. apt-get install tesseract-ocr
2. apt-get install tesseract-eng
3. use xsane to scan a page at 300 dpi and save as .tif
4. but that will be depth 16 which tesseract can't handle so reduce the
depth: convert foo.tif -depth 8 foo.x1.tif
5. run tesseract: tesseract foo.x1.tif foo -l eng
6. text will show up as foo.txt.
Works faultlessly with me: I have problems with single quotes and dashes
but he recognizes all words perfectly.
I have samples too, but let's see if this can be posted.