Re: iPod

Daniel Burrows wrote:
On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:43:33PM -0500, JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com> was heard to say:
I'm just not sure why I would have to install kdesktop, kicker, kamera, and
konqueror for an app that syncs with my iPod.

  On lenny/unstable, blame amarok-konqsidebar:

  If you cancel installing that package (which you don't need unless you
run konqueror), you should be able to avoid installing all those KDE
packages.
On my Etch system (from which I have purged all memories of KDE) without recommends, so no amarok-konqsidebar, I still get 3 upgrades and 35 new packages requiring over 49 MB of package files. That is still quite a lot.

~$ sudo aptitude install amarok
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
The following NEW packages will be automatically installed:
 amarok-engines amarok-xine aspell aspell-en kdelibs-data kdelibs4c2a
 kdemultimedia-kio-plugins libakode2 libarts1-akode libarts1c2a
 libaspell15 libavahi-client3 libavahi-common-data libavahi-common3
 libavahi-qt3-1 libgpod-common libgpod0 libgpod1 libifp4 libkcddb1
 liblua50 liblualib50 libmusicbrainz4c2a libmysqlclient15off libnjb5
 libopenexr2c2a libperl5.8 libtag1c2a libtunepimp3 libvisual-0.4-0
 libvisual-0.4-plugins menu-xdg mysql-common perl-suid
 jpilot perl-doc
 amarok amarok-engines amarok-xine aspell aspell-en kdelibs-data
 kdelibs4c2a kdemultimedia-kio-plugins libakode2 libarts1-akode
 libarts1c2a libaspell15 libavahi-client3 libavahi-common-data
 libavahi-common3 libavahi-qt3-1 libgpod-common libgpod0 libgpod1 libifp4
 libkcddb1 liblua50 liblualib50 libmusicbrainz4c2a libmysqlclient15off
 libnjb5 libopenexr2c2a libperl5.8 libtag1c2a libtunepimp3 libvisual-0.4-0
 libvisual-0.4-plugins menu-xdg mysql-common perl-suid
 perl perl-base perl-modules
3 packages upgraded, 35 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 42.9MB/49.6MB of archives. After unpacking 113MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] n

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com