Re: Con[cat]enate two video files

Anoop Aryal <aaryal@foresightint.com> writes:

> It might have already been mentioned but, I've been using ffmpeg and
> mencoder (at times, both - since the two seem to be able to do things
> the other can't). But those are command line tools. PITA when you cannot
> work off of timelines..

I tried ffmpeg *almost* successfully.

I'll explain what I want to do: add a simple text presentation to a mymovie.mpg
video file.

That's what I did: in Cinelerra I loaded a file image.jpg, added a silent audio
track and converted all that into two files: image.wav and image.m2v.  Then I
did:

 $ ffmpeg -i image.wav -i image.m2v -target dvd -acodec pcm_s16be -b 8000k -s 720x576 -ab 1536k -ac 2 -r 25 image.mpg

so obtainig the file image.mpg.  Then I did:

 $ cat image.mpg mymovie.mpg > total-movie.mpg

and... they were properly joined together except for the fact the *sometimes*
yes and sometimes no, a noise is heard when playing total-movie.mpg back with
Mplayer, just as soon the second file begins.  The noise immediately stops
hitting an arrow key on the keyboard.

> Otherwise, you can splice videos together with offsets etc.. worked quite
> well for me. .. and do format conversions quite easily.

What do you mean by offsets?

Thanks
Rodolfo