Conditional mounting from fstab

Is it possible to get conditional mounting from fstab?

I'm trying to setup an nfs server that exports it's root as read only for
nfsroot to other systems. For that to work I mount var,tmp,home etc from each
machines local disk by mounting the local disk to /local and then mounting them
using mount --bind (using the bind fstab option). This works, only it makes the
server do some circles by mounting /dev/sda1 as root, as /local and then again
double mounting home, etc, tmp,var etc.

Is there a simple way to avoid this on the server, and/or is there any overhead
to this (if there is no access overhead then I guess that there is also no
damage)

thanks