Re: compiling issue

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 07:05:10 -0600, lostson (lostson@lostsonsvault.org) wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 12:50 +0000, Bob Cox wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 05:51:05 -0600, lostson (lostson@lostsonsvault.org) wrote:
> >
> > [ FYI - there seems to be something wrong with your digital signature ]
> >
> > > Hello
> > >  I am trying to compile a program on Debian Lenny but when compiling i
> > > get this error
> > >
> > >  checking For "./../common" or "./common-dist"... not found
> > > configure: error: The "common" or "common-dist" directory wasn't found
> > >  What package am I missing if any ?
> >
> > Sorry, I don't think I can help with this.
> >
> > >  Also what is the iceweasel-dev package called I cant seem to find that
> > > either, thanks.
> >
> > iceweasel-webdeveloper - web developer extension for the Iceweasel web browser
> > iceweasel-firebug - web development plugin for iceweasel
>
>  I believe these are just plugins for developing web pages not the
> headers or development packages I would need to compile source code.

Ah, I see.  Sorry.

> > > http://lostsonsvault.org
> >
> > Apropos nothing, but this URL redirects to a sort of search page saying
> > "Not Found".
>
>  Odd I clicked on it and it took me driectly to my blog

It really isn't important and I am sorry I mentioned it.  Yes, your blog
is there - now - but I was not seeing it before.  Perhaps that is
because the blog entry says it was posted at 6.48 today, apparently only
a few minutes before you wrote the above.  Anyway, I do hope the surgery
is successful and all goes well for you.  Good luck.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.