Re: Canon A520 not detected in Testing, but works in Unstable

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> I've seen weird output like this is devices in which there are no
> partitions, you mount the whole device: mount /dev/sdb /mnt/camera.
> Worth giving a try.

I will give it a shot.

I have a 1G memory stick lying around. If I insert that in my card
reader with the Testing machine, it doesn't mount and gives some errors
like these:
Dec 21 15:31:25 bijli kernel: [ 5784.072103] usb 2-1: device descriptor
read/64, error -110
Dec 21 15:31:40 bijli kernel: [ 5799.288080] usb 2-1: device descriptor
read/64, error -110

However, that same stick mounts properly in a machine running Unstable
and in a different card reader. So looks like it is some kind of a
hardware problem. But the confounding thing is that an SD card does not
work if it is in a camera (card reader not being used) but works when it
is inserted the card reader on the Testing machine -- showing that the
card reader is working for at least the SD card and the camera is not
working in Testing. That same camera works in Unstable.

ever having been read.