Re: How to change Icedove default browser?

On 2008-12-21 14:35 +0100, Dennis Wicks wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> Icedove is using the Gnome(?) browser and I want to use Iceweasel.
>
> I found a post from 2007 that said to use "update-alternatives
> --config x-www-browser"
> but although that "worked" it didn't work, even though I bounced
> Icedove.
>
> And I can't find any thing about wihich browser Icedove uses in any of
> the preferences or about:config.
>
> Anybody know the answer?

I found the following in /etc/icedove/pref/icedove.js:

// if you are not using gnome
pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "x-www-browser");
pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "x-www-browser");

Don't remember how these settings came in there, but I think you can
also set them in user.js or prefs.js in your profile directory.

Sven