Re: compile help please

On 12/19/08 20:46, Daniel Dalton wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to compile tesseract from svn so I can do ocr.
Here is my problem I get compile errors... So, can someone please help?
At the bottom of this email is the output of stderr and stdout for the
following commands:
./configure
and make

So does anyone know how I get this to compile?

One other thing for tesseract people, what is the language package for?
Does the sources out of svn come with this, or should I download this
package from somewhere. If so how do I compile the language package for
tesseract in with everything else?
[snip]
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..   -I/usr/include/leptonica  -g -O2 -c scrollview.cpp
scrollview.cpp: In member function 'SVEvent* SVEvent::copy()':
scrollview.cpp:62: error: 'strlen' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp:63: error: 'strncpy' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp: In static member function 'static void* ScrollView::MessageReceiver(void*)':
scrollview.cpp:89: error: 'strlen' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp:107: error: 'strncpy' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp: In static member function 'static void* ScrollView::StartEventHandler(void*)':
scrollview.cpp:302: error: 'INT_MAX' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp: In member function 'char* ScrollView::ShowInputDialog(const char*)':
scrollview.cpp:689: error: 'strlen' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp:690: error: 'strncpy' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp: In member function 'char* ScrollView::AddEscapeChars(const char*)':
scrollview.cpp:795: error: 'strchr' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp:800: error: 'strncpy' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp:807: error: 'strlen' was not declared in this scope
scrollview.cpp:807: error: 'strncpy' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [scrollview.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/media/daniel-external/svn/tesseract-ocr/viewer'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/daniel-external/svn/tesseract-ocr/viewer'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/daniel-external/svn/tesseract-ocr'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Dumb question: is libc6-dev installed? I'm sure it would have to be to pass "configure", but you never know...

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?