weird login solved

That was the apache-mpm package trying to do something when I started up the system. I took apache off as well as the web mail reader which was its dependency since apache unless configured and maintained correctly is a security hole and some internet service providers ban web servers in their acceptable use policies. Something else I found out as a result of removing those packages may be even more useful from a security perspective. The /etc/crontab file and /etc/cron.hourly /etc/cron.daily and /etc/cron.weekly directories do not get cleaned up once packages get uninstalled. I did that by hand and will also need to remove the standard script from the directories because that standard script has had its function taken over by log.rotate.