Re: edd = Bios Enhanced Disk Drive Services

2008/12/1 Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Back in May I reported a problem using 'vga=791' with post 2.6.24 Debian 686
> kernels: the kernel booted w/o framebuffer support.
>
> I reported this as a bug:
>
> Turns out as of Oct. 4th 2008 that problem has been identified as having to
> do with edd, specifically Debian has CONFIG_EDD=m and *that* causes the

I'm having trouble understanding why framebuffer and the disc
subsystem are close enough in the kernel that enabling a framebuffer
mode causes edd to fail.

EDD was working on its own, and presumably framebuffer=791 works on its own?

Why is the interaction between these two things causing new problems?

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.