Powerless Wireless

Using the b43 wireless LAN driver do I have to bring my notebook in a certain position and good weather for to get a sometimes disrupted connection to the AP.

By chance have I noticed, that the connection does not need the notebook in that certain position, but it works nearly everywhere here around if I use ndiswrapper.

I want to use the B43 driver rather.

I have noticed that # iwconfig

gives out Tx-Power: 32 dBm when ndiswrapper is running

and Tx-Power: 20 dBm when b43 is running

With the b43 driver have I not been able to increase Tx-power

# iwconfig wlan0 txpower 32

to that value, which is indicated when I run ndiswrapper.

Also the Link Quality (Signal to Noise Ratio) seems to be differently indicated - but this is probably a matter how it is calculated (by the different drivers?).

Is there a way, to achieve the same flexibility and about the same link quality without the need of many reconnects with b43?

(I am running: sid amd64  2.6.26)

Thanks in advance.

Hugo Wau